Network Cameras are next-generation of CCTV camera
Call 01 689 6390 for a FREE Consultation & avail of our June Offer!
A standard IP camera today comes with full 1080P quality, however can also display 4K quality. An IP camera have a built-in web browser interface which allows you to configurate the cameras functionality to its max purpose. As CCTV is in a continues development, IP cameras today have several functionality such as two way audio/ line crossing detection/ intrusion detection and so much more.
In terms of picture quality a standard analogue camera will have approximately 300,000 pixels in a video picture, an entry level megapixel IP camera will have twice or 3 times the amount of pixels. In addition, a Wireless IP Camera can be created by connecting a wireless device to the IP Camera and a receiver at the NVR Recorder location.
To view sample footage of our 2 megapixel dome camera, see our You Tube clip: Wireless IP Camera
Quality Resolution Chart for Cameras
- 4 CIF – 704 x 576 = 405,504 pixels
- 1.3 Megapixel – 1280×1024 = 1,310,720 pixels
- 2 Megapixel – 1600 x 1200 = 1920000 pixels
- 5 Megapixel – 2560 x 1920 = 4915200 pixels
- 8 Megapixel – 3264 x 2448 = 7990272 pixels
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) smart cameras are able to capture vehicle and recognize vehicle number plate of various countries and regions in dim light environment. A number plate recognition camera can be used in several different environments. Here are a few advantages:
While installing a heavy duty security gate is an effective deterrent and protection against intruders, it’s also important to consider how easy it is for people you want to grant access to – employees, partners, delivery vehicles – to get in and out
Combined with a state-of-the-art parking management system, ANPR can help you better manage traffic flow and parking on your premises
Alerted to someone driving in a hazardous way or speeding, you can combine this with your ANPR system to identify the employee or person in question and quickly address the problem before an accident occurs.
Wireless IP Cameras
With the advent of IP cameras it has become easier and more cost effective to transmit video signals wirelessly for an IP camera. A wireless device can be located at each IP camera and normally one device will receive the video signal for up to 3 or 4 cameras and transmit on to a switch and connect into a NVR. Unlike wireless analogue cameras line of sight is not required and a signal can be transmitted for over 5 kilometres. All our engineers are highly trained on wireless IP camera installations, which allows for a camera to be installed remotely regardless of distance away from the Network Video Recorder.
A Sample of Our Network (IP) Cameras
- Max 2688 x 1520 @30FPS
- 2.8mm/ 4mm & 6mm fixed lens
- H.265+, H.264+
- 120dB WDR
- Built in mic (Optional) & Built-in micro SD/SDHC/SDXC slot, up to 128 Gb
Contact the AlertWatch team today for more information about our range of IP Network Cameras
The Main Advantages of an IP Megapixel Camera over an Analogue Camera
- The megapixel IP camera will enable you to zoom in on certain areas of the picture before the point of interest pixelates. The higher the resolution, the better quality you will receive when zooming in.
- The camera will cover a larger area, e.g. a 2 Megapixel camera will cover 3 times the area of a standard analogue camera.
- The recorded picture can be digitally zoomed without the picture being distorted to obtain face and number plate recognition.