Access Control Management – Restrict how and when people enter or exit an area
Call 01 689 6390 for a FREE Consultation & avail of our May Offer!
Access Control systems provide security by restricting access to certain areas within your business. This is done by restricting who enters through a door, turnstile, gate , barrier etc. AlertWatch are PSA Licenced and NSAI Certified to install Access Control Systems in your business. Any company installing access control in your business must be PSA licenced, this became law in Ireland in October 2012.
A basic system coupled with an intercom will allow authorised persons enter an area via their fob, pin code, card etc but unauthorised persons will have to request to enter the area via the intercom. This is beneficial if you want to restrict persons entering your business un- announced, you can speak to the caller over the intercom and decide whether you wish to grant access to that person or not.
In an organisation when you want to re restrict how and when people enter or exit an area or multiple areas, specific security needs will determine how to accomplish this. Access Control Systems monitor the movement of people or vehicles in a restricted area and identify individuals through the use of PIN Codes on Electronic Keypads, cards & fobs on Proximity Readers, or biometric readers – e.g. fingerprint readers.
Basically the systems allow you to control who goes where and when. Once an Access Control system is installed it can automatically lock or unlock doors at designated times and restrict access to individuals who are authorized to be there. Access control is the only technology that proactively attempts to keep unauthorized individuals out of a building or areas within a facility.
Typical applications that would install an access control system are Hospitals, Crèches, Financial institutions, Apartment blocks, Nursing Homes, Schools etc.
Combining Temperature Screening technology and Access Control, Alertwatch now has a solution allowing you to monitor your entrances with the latest Hik Vision’s, touche free MinMoe terminal.
If an elevated skin-surface temperature is recognised, entry will be denied, prompting the individual to seek further confirmation using clinical measurement devices before entering.
This along side with mask detection and audio broadcasting, will help keep you and your friends, family and colleagues safe.
Advantages of Access Control Systems
- Access Restricted- Systems can be programmed to allow certain users to enter some areas and not other areas. Persons can also be restricted to enter areas only at designated times. Obviously other users can be allowed to enter all locations at all times.
- Track Access – Keys are also anonymous. Access Control Systems create a detailed audit trail so you know exactly whose card opened each door and when. This can provide you with critical information before and after an incident. The system can also email alarms on access violations to authorised personnel for immediate review and action. It will also collate the information and produce management reports as to who has been through which areas and when.
- Automating – Systems can automatically lock a door or gate each evening at a certain time and unlock it at another time. They can also be automatically interfaced with other Building Control Systems e.g. To release some or all doors in the event of a Fire Alarm Activation.
- Replacing Keys – Managing keys can be a nightmare. If you use a different key for every door it can be cumbersome to carry them and time consuming to look for the right key. Keys are easily lost or duplicated and past employees often do not return keys. Access control systems eliminate this concern by deleting the card from the system to deny the former user access. In some cases that access can be changed from an off site location.
- Visual Verification – By including colour coded distinctive badges access systems can readily identify visitors, temporary employees, contractors and regular full time employees. By including a photo of the user on the credential you can help building occupants know the card user is the person to whom it was issued.
- Compliance with Health & Safety Regulations – Helps organisations comply with Health and Safety regulations, by allowing supervisors to view real-time reports showing who is on site at any particular time. The system can be set to release all doors, turnstiles and gate-entry systems in the event of an emergency so in the event of an emergency such as a Fire Alarm the system will automatically release all controlled door.
Call the AlertWatch team today 01 689 6390 for more information on Access Control Systems. Why not avail of a free phone survey, demo or site survey?